13 Best WordPress Download Manager Plugins to Help Manage Website Files
With so many download manager plugins available, it can get overwhelming to pick the best WordPress download manager plugin. As WordPress evolved to cater to other types of businesses other than blogging, many types of plugins are ready for download to make users’ lives a lot easier.
WordPress is an extremely powerful content management system that runs 37.8% of the websites you can find on the Internet. With the help of external plugins like a download manager, the platform can handle various needs for downloading files.
To help you narrow down your search for the best WordPress download manager plugin, we curated a list of the top download manager plugins you can look into.
1. CM Download Manager
This WordPress file download plugin allows you to track, manage, upload, and support files within a directory listing structure, so other users can comment on or use the files. CM Download Manager has both the free and premium versions, but the former only gives you limited features.
With the premium version, you can enjoy the following:
- Log statistics and shortcodes
- Multiple file uploads
- Multisite support
- Upload moderation and restrictions
- Password protection
- User permissions and notifications
- Internal search
- View counts
- Download categories
2. WordPress File Centre
WordPress File Centre allows you to use your WordPress install to manage files, which is great for accessing files securely. This is a premium WordPress plugin download manager with features such as:
- High security
- Dedicated login and download page
- Users can download and login files assigned to them
- File upload in the admin panel and the ability to assign files to users
- Integration with WordPress file and user systems
3. Groups File Access WordPress Plugin
If you are looking for the best WordPress download manager plugin that is exclusive and extremely secure, Groups File Access is what you need! It gives its authorized users links to download files, while it restricts other file access.
This is a premium plugin with the following features:
- Flexible shortcodes
- Customizable file access notifications
- Key authentication file access
- File upload via bulk import and FTP
- File management area
- Full support for WordPress multisite
- Unlimited or limited downloads depending on the user
- Restriction of file downloads to user groups depending on membership
4. File Manager Plugin for WordPress
File Manager Plugin for WordPress enables users to create, edit, and view files in the sub-folders and folders of your website. Its interface is elegant and simple, which is ideal for beginners.
This plugin is available for a premium subscription with core features such as:
- Cross-browser compatible
- User access control
- Folder access control
- Windows style GUI
- Image editor
- File management
5. WP File Download
This WordPress plugin to download files is also a premium extension but is updated every month by its developer. It lets you insert a file or file category into your content, drag and then drop files, and create a file category.
It also has four themes that allow you to apply a theme per file category. Its features include:
- Integration with OneDrive, Dropbox, and Google Drive
- Full-text search engine
- Remote download options
- SEO file URLs
- AJAX navigation for the public
- Response themes
- One-click file ordering
6. WordPress Download Manager Pro
This WordPress plugins download manager makes it possible for you to sell digital products, share and promote your brand on social media, and manage documents. It is a premium extension that provides three levels: pro, business, and developer.
Its core features include:
- Multiple passwords
- Individual file information
- Multi-file package
- Bulk import
- Email lock
- Personalized URLs
- Download statistics
7. Lana Downloads Manager
Lana Downloads Manager is the best WordPress download manager that provides basic navigation and is lightweight and free. It lets you manage local files through remote files and WordPress uploads.
Its features allow you to log and counter file download systems.
WooCommerce is a popular free e-commerce plugin, but it can become a download manager extension as well. You can limit downloads and add access restrictions for a single file.
It also provides an invoice maker to keep you from installing other plugins to manage invoice. It is the best WordPress download manager for store owners who are still building their stores and who already have a lot of store members.
The plugin’s features are as follows:
- Password-protected files
- Ability to tag and categorize downloads
- Shortcodes for download links
- File upload through the admin area in WordPress
9. Download Monitor
Download Monitor is the best WordPress download manager that is free and simple. Its straightforward interface allows you to find files easily and insert links for downloads into posts.
Its features include:
- Quick-add panel for adding files while editing posts
- Ability to remove, edit, and add downloads from WordPress and sell them in your website
- Add, tag, and categorize meta to downloads
- Use shortcodes to display download links
- Member-only downloads
10. Easy Digital Downloads
Easy Digital Downloads is an e-commerce plugin that can handle multiple file downloads per product. It is a good option if you sell bundled products with different prices.
It is also a free plugin that includes features such as:
- Multiple download files per product
- User purchase history
- File redownload
- Cart system for buying multiple downloads at once
11. File Manager
File Manager has both the free and premium versions where you can simplify your work by downloading, uploading, copying, pasting, deleting, or editing file zip versions. It lets you save much time completing your work.
It has features like:
- Built-in trash
- Extract, archive, and create files
- Control over downloaded and uploaded files
- Code reviews prior to saving files
- Access of files outside and inside WordPress
- Easy preview of common files like audio, video, and thumbnails
12. WP-Download Manager
This is another simple download manager plugin you can try. You can embed a file or multiple files into a page or post, so users can download them.
The plugin also allows you to select what to show in the embedded file and to configure download options. It does not have a long list of features, but it is still a good option for managing downloaded files.
13. WordPress Download Manager
WordPress Download Manager is the free version of the pro. It can work on multiple domains, limit viewing of files, and protect passwords. It is easy to use and has more than 100,000 active installations.
Its features include:
- Drag and drop for uploading files
- File protection for media library
- Google Drive support for file storage
- Control download access and speed
- Password and CAPTCHA protection
- Custom icon for a download link
Searching for the best WordPress download manager plugin is easier with our list above. When choosing the right plugin for downloading files, make sure its features can best cater to your website’s needs.
If you think the premium versions of WordPress download manager documentation plugins are more beneficial for you, do not hesitate to invest a little. If it can help you save time and boost your website’s performance, it will be worth the investment.
So, pick from our list of the best download manager plugins now and manage files easily and quickly!